Wednesday 21 April 2010

Writer's Block, Not on My Block! How to Beat Writer's Block

I do not participate in writer's block. Correct. I just do not participate. If there is a time when I sit down to write and nothing comes to mind, I begin right there. I write down that I have nothing to write about. And then I think, except. Ye s and it is that exception that I begin writing about. It does not matter whether that exception is an interesting topic or not. It is that exception that gets my creative energies buzzing and it is that exception that gets me writing again in a time when I thought that I had absolutely nothing to write about.

What do you do when you have writer's block? Do you get up from your chair and go away from the desk? Do you just give up? Or do you insist on writing even when there is nothing? From experience I will tell you that BOTH of those solutions are quite acceptable but one of them is the true writer's solution. If you have the blood of a writer, you can write a novel about a doorknob and then write three more stories about what it is like to be a doorknob, where to find the best doorknobs and what a doorknob's job is in other countries. DO you see what I mean? Out of nowhere comes the idea for a story, for a an article or who knows, even for an entire book.

And all you have to do is to keep on writing. AND if you are a true writer, you write as you breathe not as you get ideas. You just write. Now, there you go. You have just read an entire article that I just wrote when I had a temporary writer's block. And now I will put this article up for publication at the Ezine site. And prove to you that you CAN write even when you have nothing to write about. PLUS, not only that but someone will read what you wrote. You are reading it, are you not? So, go ahead, write when you have nothing to write about. Just write about writing and that will get you started and on the way to writing about other subjects. Trust me on this one. This works.

Just write!

My Links : Portable Security Store Residential Solar Power

No comments:

Post a Comment