Thursday 8 April 2010

Tears For This Triple-Header! Movies That Touch Your Heart

First, some background information about me, I am not a movie-buff. Generally, I do not know the names of stars or the names of current movies. And yes, I have had the experience of people mentioning movies to me and I say I have not seen them or never heard of them and they react in surprise, asking me what cave was I hiding in.

Not hiding in any caves, and I am in this century. I just do not generally have time to go to the movies. And on the rare times that I do, I want to make sure that it is an excellent movie, not just a mediocre one. So I choose wisely. I cannot remember the last time that I went to the movies, nor can I remember the name of it. Perhaps it was that one about the adorable rat named Ratatoille. So what kind of movies do I enjoy? I can not say that I enjoy any particular kind of movie. I like one with a story, either a true story or great story. And generally I am not big on documentaries. But surprisingly enough, one of this week's movies was a partial documentary.

Two of the movies were in different languages and I had to read the subtitles to enjoy the movies. One was in an African language and one was in either Israeli or Hebrew (I am not sure which one or if both of the languages are the same). And the third movie that I borrowed was in English, an extra treat since I speak only English and some little Spanish and one word in Chinese.

I totally recommend these three movies but you must have to be able to enjoy subtitles for the two. Here they are:

Emmanuel's Gift, Watermarks, and The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio. I recommend them only if you want to watch positive movies that have a very positive and inspiring message. And, only if you can tolerate a sad movie. All three movies had their own degrees of sadness and sadness to the point where they all brought tears to my eyes. The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio, though not about domestic violence, had a few scenes of domestic violence in it. But, please note, the story was not about domestic violence. This story was about the strength, fortitude, determination and love that one woman had for her children and for herself. She was a remarkable woman, and there were parts of this film that will just make you cry.

ALL three of these movies are very necessary movies and I believe that all three should be required viewing in all high schools and in all colleges. It is about time that we had some required things that have such long-lasting, positive and inspiring messages to them. If you have seen any of these movies, leave a comment here or send an email. I would like to hear your opinion of all three or of any of them.

See Also : Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 Store

No comments:

Post a Comment