Monday 31 May 2010

Marching Towards Truth, Always A Great Goal

This week has been rough for me. Wow. That is a first. I rarely admit things like that and rarely admit that anything goes wrong in my life. For the most part, I have been taught to keep a smile on my face and make sure that no one knows that I am having a hard time. But today, I admit, this past week has been rough. It feels good to say that out loud. It almost makes things easier for me. And if I had remembered my first teachings, that truth and honesty must prevail, I would have known that it is okay for me to reveal that, that the past week has been rough. So there, I have said it and just saying it out loud makes me feel a little better. And of course, the fact that one week is over makes me feel better also. So what do you do when you have a rough week? Do you think about it, fret, cry, run away from your situation? Or do you stand fast, stand strong, and run diligently into the present with your sword of truth, faith and love drawn to block off any more upcoming problems? What do you do when you are having a rough week?

Some dive into the darkness of twisting tales and running away. Others jump into their horse and buggies and run away to vacation to renew their spirits for a while. (Truth is that taking rests and vacations are a great way to handle stress. So while you are away, get closer to God, hear his voice, his teachings, read the Bible, and remember why you are on vacation. Your vacation will be your temporary retreat. We all need temporary retreats. These small ponds of water in the deserts of life are some of what keeps us serene and able to deal with the rest of life. So, yes, take a short vacation.

Still others stand in the spot where they are and they do not move a muscle as they turn their hearts, heads, minds and spirits towards the Heaven and speak their mind telling God what the problem is and asking Him to handle the situation.

What do you do? Which direction do you run in? Which path do you take? Whatever your path, always be sure that it is, indeed, your path. At times of stress and trauma, we, as humans tend to be people-pleasers - out of sheer exhaustion and tend to be copy-cats out of not really knowing what the best thing to do is. No matter what your situation, do not resort to copying or people-pleasing because both of those will be your downfall eventually. God begs us to be original. He pleads with us to be ourselves, to stray from the madding crowd. He wants us to be the children of God that we were born to be and that means being original and being true to God and true to ourselves. That was easy. You have your problem totally figured out now. Hand it over. And be blessed, God is near you and waiting to assist you in all your troubles, you just need to turn your head in His direction and let Him know you notice Him. That was easy! Like that little round red button that Staples sells, that was easy!

Problem solved, now what do you do? March forward into life with a new meaning, a new direction and a new instruction for hard times, crisis times and any trauma that might be in your present and in your future! March forward into faith, and you cannot fail anywhere.

And while marching forward into faith, walk through the canals of truth; making sure that you are honest with everyone that you meet. Be honest. To help you along, I have a few quotes here, all about truth. I reprint them here in the spirit of the fair use principal of copyrighting, and hope you enjoy all the words, meanings and thoughts that these quotations bring forward into your life.

From About.com

A small collection of quotes.

Miguel de Cervantes

Truth indeed rather alleviates than hurts, and will always bear up against falsehood, as oil does above water.

Sir Winston Churchill

Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is.

Brian Tracy

Truthfulness is the main element of character

More Thoughts From Me, the author of this Ezine@articles writing:

All of my life, I have believed in the truth. Before the age of seven, my grandfather taught me that what is true is good, and that I should try my best to tell the truth at all times. I know, as a human being, I am not perfect and I know as a human, it is impossible to be one hundred percent true in every single thing that I say and do. But the difference in me is that because I strive to be honest and truthful, that means that most times I am honest and truthful. And in those times that I am not, it is purely by accident, and in the end, I come forward and admit my mistakes, and that swings me back to honesty.

Thanks To : Cool Phones Review Stainless Steel Tanks Printers Store. LOWER Prices in The Same Item, Let

No comments:

Post a Comment