Tuesday 2 March 2010

Fashion is What You Make It, an Article For Sensible-Minded Individuals

In the interest of saving time, effort and money, I did away with the typical changing of the season's clothing in my own wardrobe. Yes, you heard correctly. Here it is, an easy way to organize your clothing, thumb your nose at the fashion experts and live a life of your own, choosing your own clothing.

By using this particular method, I have done away with having to put away my winter clothes and taking out my summer clothing as I have a system and pattern of living in which all my clothes are good all year round.

You ask, how is this possible. Just by not paying attention to fashion experts and by deciding on my own clothing each day instead of asking the experts what they think and instead of dressing according to the current magazines and current commercials on television, I save the time of the season's change of clothing. All this time is put to better things.

So, how did I do this?

I supply my wardrobe with tank tops and sleeveless tops and I wear these all year round. Yes, even in cold winter days, I am wearing colorful tank tops and sleeveless tops. Only in winter, and fall, I cover up the tank top with a nice, professional-looking blouse or man-tailored shirt. I purchase the zip-off pants and thus have long pants and shorts in one pair of pants. I wear them long in winter and fall and just zip them off in summer and on hotter days. I even dress in my outer-wear in layers. Instead of having a huge, bulky coat just for winter, I used wonderful fleece, lighter jackets under my smaller winter jackets.

Dressing this way, there is no such thing as summer or winter clothing. This has worked for me for years and will work for me for another hundred years if I want it to work that long. So the next time you are out shopping for clothing, consider tank tops, jeans and zip-off long pants that convert to shorts. Check out some reversible clothing and that will save you space in your closets also.

You might even consider checking out the thrift stores instead of going to regular stores. Are you an environmentalist? If you want to save the earth, buy everything used whenever possible. I have found some great brand name clothing in thrift stores, yes, even in the Salvation Army and Good Will. Once on a visit there I saw J. Peterman jackets selling for ten dollars and J. Crew pants selling for seven dollars. You cannot beat prices like that. And the stores had lots of brand-name items and fractions of the new cost. Some of the better stores have clothing that is in good used condition but some actually looked brand-new. When shopping for fashion or just shopping for everyday clothing, hit the thrift stores, garage sales and clearance sales first. You might not need any other stores.

So what do you do to save time and save closet space? Any helpful hints for me and the other readers?

Recommend : Blu-Ray Players Store Playstation 3 Console Store

No comments:

Post a Comment